Explaining Youtube Partner Program (YPP)
Earlier this week most of the YouTube Networks send newsletters to their channels about new revenue oppoturnity called YPP or Youtube Partner Program. In this article i will be explaining some facts about this new system and clear some questions that some people may have about their MCN contracts. Some of the stuff are of course subject to change, so stay tuned for any possible changes that YouTube may do.
Facts about YPP
- YPP is a new revenue source for channels that are partnered with any YouTube Network out there, as of now they are not available for Adsense users.
- This won’t change relationship between you and the MCN, you will still get paid by same payment methods that your MCN provides or has agreed to in the contract.
- Revenue between MCN and Channels stays same so does revenue between YouTube and MCN.
- Contrary to popular believe, its not replacing the existing MCN contract it’s merely an extension to existing contract offering new revenue models for channels.
- YouTube Partner Program (YPP) will have new revenue sources such as monetizing Cover songs and other stuff in future, example like Affiliate link oppoturnities or other type of revenue models such as like YouTube Red, not much is currently revealed except cover songs, everything else just theory.
- Essentially YPP is a Beta system for new possible revenue models represented for YouTube channels.
So once you have the notification on your dashboard i recommend signing it since its only gains no downsides. If you aren’t partnered with a network yet, now its a good time to give it a look what Kensho has to offer -> http://kenshonetwork.com/youtube-partnership/. We will keep you posted about any possible updates on YPP system, once YouTube lets us know more.