YouTube Product Placement
People have seen lot of product placement or product reviews by famous celebrities in TV alot. Its not totally uncommon in YouTube either, the big YouTubers are getting lot of Sponsorship deals to feature certain apps, games, hair products, phone accessories or even clothing. Nowdays you can get lof of these deals yourself easily for your channel and it seems you don’t need more than 1,000 subscribers to get there really, i wrote an article here about them in detail if you are interested.
What Should I know About Product Endorsements?
- Most importantly you have to check in your video a box that says “contains product placement” everytime you are purposely inserting a product in background or being paid to feature a product in your video.
- You also have to write or mention in the video that you are indeed endorsing the product, usually a text “Thanks McDonalds for the Opputurnity!” will suffice, but you might have to write a disclaimer in video or in description as well.
- It’s best to do deals through Famebit, the next makers, channelpages or Grapevine services since they are safe and you can’t get really scammed and not get paid for the product deal you did
- In most professional cases there will be a TAX form to sign and a contract between the company, you should always ask one
- You should read about Product endorsement guidelines in detail here – https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/154235?hl=en
It’s also possible to directly reach out to a company and ask them for a product placement deal or endorsement. Like i already mentioned they are great way to make extra revenue top of the Adrevenue and fan funding you are making out of the channel.